"Sventevith (Storming Near the Baltic)" is the debut studio album by Polish extreme metal band Behemoth, originally released in 1995. Just as the name implies, Behemoth began like a rabid beast, playing sadistic black metal. While a very expressive form of music like much black metal, Behemoth seemed to favour an abundant onslaught of sounds with a raw aggression instead of minimalism. "Sventevith" is a landmark. Behemoth is known mostly for their later death metal days, but their early black metal albums remain compositions of some of the world's finest black metal.
Double Silver Vinyl.
Limited Edition (300 numbered units).
Including 24-pages booklet.
TRACKLIST (LP 1):
1. Entering The Faustian Soul
2. Chant Of The Eastern Lands
3. The Touch Of Nya
4. Forgotten Cult Of Aldaron
5. Wolves Guard My Coffin
6. From The Pagan Vastlands
7. Hidden In A Fog
8. Hell Dwells In Ice
BONUS TRACKS (LP 2):
1. Hidden In A Fog - Live At Black Metal Inferno Fest 996
2. Cursed Angel Of Doom
3. Wolves Guard My Coffin - Live At Black Metal Inferno Fest 1996
4. Dark Triumph
5. Hidden In A Fog - Live At Riviera Remont, Warsaw 1996
6. Bless Thee For Granting Me Pain By Helevorn
7. Hell Dwells In Ice By Helevorn (Unreleased)
8. From The Pagan Vastlands - Live In Maastricht, Pagan Triumph Tour 1996
9. Hidden In A Fog - Live In Maastricht, Pagan Triumph Tour 16
10. Hidden In A Fog - Live At Merry Christless Warsaw 2017
11. From The Pagan Vastlands - Live At Black Metal Inferno Fest 1996